Saturday, May 23, 2015

TRIED VR TODAY AND FELT A NEW AGE OF GAMING IS ON ITS WAY- OCULUS RIFT


For those who are still in a thought that Virtual Reality(VR) is just like watching a 3D movie or something, but- "It's more than that guys". I tried an old oculus VR headset today. And for the time I was using it, not even for a second I got a feeling that I was not in a 'Real World'. However I could not touch anything from that world but believe me that was something 'Real'.


So it has become clear that a new age of gaming VR has evolved and all it has happened because of an 22 year old, college dropout- Palmer Luckey.
He has found his first Virtual Reality headset in his garage at the age of 18. He is the founder of Oculus VR. In 2014, Facebook bought his company for $2 billion which raised his wealth to more than $500 million.


And in the last two years he has become the celebrity among the Virtual Reality enthusiasts. Still he says that he is not a celebrity. He is frequently barefoot and can be seen in sandals or slippers rather than shoes at major shows and events. He also quoted- "This isn't about me, it's about something much, much bigger-bigger perhaps than any of us"
Now Oculus is working on its new Oculus Rift headset which is scheduled for Q1 2016 release. So fasten your seat belts guys, we are entering a parallel world which is VR.